The College was established in 1959 mainly to impart education up to graduation standered to the students of this Rural &a back ward area of old Muzaffarpur Dist. (Sitamarhi).It was granted affiliation on 07.04.1959 in the faculty of Arts up to B.A.standerd by Bihar University with its Head quarter at Patna.
Slowly but steadily it be gain to flourish but in want of proper encouragement & financial support by the state Govt.It could not achieve the place in the area of Higher education which it has envisaged as yet .It was converted in to constituent Unit of B.R.A.B.U.Muz.in 01.04.1977 by the state govt.taking in to account its long standing in the field of higher education.
It was expected that after conversion of the college in constituent unit most of problem will be solved remained a dream .Since the date of conversion infra structure erected during affiliated period demands repair& renovation.
Co- education had been very successful in the college & girls mainly from weaker section of society have got benefit from it& earned lively hood for their families. Want of communication facility remained a main hurdle on its path of progress.
Despite of natural or manmade problem it is moving on its path with strong will & desire to help the poor on have not to realise the dream in the field of higher education.
The college got affiliation in sc. Faculty in 1968 up to Intermediate standered& later on up to B.Sc. standered.
Only 6 teachers are working against 19 sanctioned posts similarly in the 3th grade 06 person are working against 15 sanctioned post & in the 4th grade 06 employees are working against 13 posts.
Students are cared well by the teachers & Non-teachers of the college, consequently no law& order problem arose in the history of the college.
After inclusion of this college by U.G.C. in 2F college has got development grant which had helped the lab & library to rich them self to catch the needs of students & teachers.